Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Winner! Winner!

Today I won 3 blog candy contests. That's right, 3! I think that I better go out and buy a lottery ticket! First, I won a wonderful stamp set from Rose Ann at Paper Delightz.


Then I got an email telling me that I won a $10 gift certificate to Electric Paperie from Lisa at Inkderdoodle.


Then I won some lovely ribbon from Gretchen at her blog.



I planned on posting another organization tip for Tuesday but I was just so busy this weekend to actually organize anything and then I had a job interview on Monday which really stressed me out. So today I would like to talk about my new favorite tool - the Cuttlebug. I got this wonderful die cutting machine for Christmas but just recently took it out of the box due to the wonderful examples that I have seen posted on various blogs.


The machine is not very expensive and you can use your Joann and Michaels coupons to purchase this. If you can time it right, Joann has 50% off coupons usually around holidays. The dies and embossing folders are fairly inexpensive. I find that the embossing folders are around 5 bucks. Which is totally cheap. I originally wanted it for embossing but I have found myself buying all of the dies as well which I haven't used quite as much. You can use other dies in this machine and there are all kinds of websites out there that discuss how to put these dies in your machine. I just purchased a Quickutz die and I will be trying it out soon to see if it works. If it does, it gives you endless possibilities! I know that there are lots of wonderful die cutting machines out there (I have the Cricut as well!) but this is the one that I use and really love- it's light, its portable and its inexpensive and really easy to use!




I have done some creating. Not as much as I would like. I am still trying to recreate some of the SU stamp camp projects that I made and use CTMH products instead. We made this Father's Day (all products and materials are SU). It has very little stamping.

Here is my version, which I totally do not like. I think that this layout in general does not appeal to me. I think I would much rather have seen a stamp used but at least I met this part of my challenge. All products and materials are CTMH


I als0 made this card using Flowabellah and papers from CTMH. I also used my swirls cuttlebug embossing folder. It's a 4x4 cards. I just happened to have all of these pieces laying around and put them together for this card. Oh, I also used my oval Coluzzle. I colored everything with my brand new Prismalcolor pencils and mineral spirits. I like how it came out!







Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Tanis said...

And I was coming to congratulate you on the 2 wins I saw....
3??????
How on earth does one win 3 blog candy contests on the same day?????
LUCKY YOU!
(Maybe you're right, and a lottery ticket should be purchased today!)
Congrats, lucky woman!

Erin said...

Definately buy a lottery ticket! 3 blog candies anf you've been tagged. You can see the rules at www.eghostkeeper.blogspot.com .