Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Still time for Blog Candy!

Hi all, don't forget to comment on the July 1 post to win some blog candy. I'll be reviewing the comments and posting about them soon. HINT: The year I was born, I believe the Watergate trials began.
Sorry I haven't posted anything new but I've just been so busy! Went to Morton's on Saturday for a pre-birthday dinner, then lunch at the ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney for lunch and then back to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney for dinner. I got a couple of very cute t-shirts (Roxy and Billabong), a giftcard to Michaels and this very cute Fossil purse which I love, love love!


My baby started hamming it up for the camera and I've been taking pictures of him non-stop. Everytime the red light flashes on my digital camera, he poses and smiles big!Isn't he gorgeous?

Anyway, I was talking about recreating the SU stamp camp stuff I made. Well we made a small purse that houses 3x3 cards. I didn't take a picture of the SU one because I didn't finish it. Here is my version using the Promise of Spring stamp set and paper pack:

A couple of things to note when making the purse out of our paper, it's very lightweight and is not as sturdy as some of the SU designer paper. On the SU purse, the demonstrator had us use velcro to keep it closed but I think that it would rip when opened if I used it here so I I had to be creative and used a brad and this whatamacallit, can't recall what it's called. I'm going to try and make another one but use regular cardstock and decorate it with our patterned paper instead.
These are the cards that I made to go inside. It took forever because it was like designing 6 cards! I think they came out cute. And since I already had this stuff out, I made a 6x6 card. I think that I'll give it to my Grandma for her birthday next month.


Thanks for looking. Hope you all have a Happy 4th!

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Janice Zakis said...

Hello, Cindy.

Happy (belated) Birthday!

I love, love, love your artwork.
And you have an adorable child.
I'm guessing your age to be 34?

Best Wishes!

Janice Zakis
CTMH Consultant since 2003
South Elgin, IL

Peggy Maier said...

Sweet baby - love it when they begin to ham it up for the camera! Also really like that Fossil bag!
I posted on the Blog Candy comments - but I'll say it again here - I think you're 33.

Shannon Niziolek said...

I looooove your work with the Promise of Spring set!!! I think that set and those papers are just wonderful! Thank you for posting it!

Also Happy Birthday! I had to laugh about what you wrote about being "29 again". I am doing the very same thing later this month! My birthday is later on this month and I have been doing "29 again" for a few years now too =)

-Shannon

Cheryl KVD said...

Hi Cindy! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you over at my site!
Cheryl KVD

Corie said...

Wow -- simply beautiful cards.