Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 12 of the 25 Days of Christmas

I don't know that I like this card very much but I loved learning this technique. It was another shoebox swap item using the faux metal technique. To create this look, we took silver paper and rubbed versamark over the top and then poured silver embossing powder over it. We heated the powder until it melted and then repeated the steps again. On the third go around, after the powder melted, we quickly placed out stamp in the still hot melted embossing powder which made the image and gave it a metal look. We then punched out our shapes and made a card with it. Super cool technique and easy too!


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! Love this! Can you mention the name of the DP and punch you used for the small snowflake?

StampinCathy said...

Your card is really pretty and just love this technique.

Julie Mutch said...

Oh my, I love this! :) I've seen people do this technique on cards before, but I didn't know how they did it. Thanks for sharing the directions, I'll have to try this sometime soon. :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Julie