Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Summer Retirement

Today is my last day using this pink flamingo paper. This is a great way to use up scraps for paper we hoard every spare inch of. Cut it up as squares and use it in your layouts! I used my square punches but you can cut up your paper with your paper cutter in whatever size suites your design. I layered my dp on tempting turquoise cardstock. On top of that I layered a scalloped pink piece with my sentiment from the past year's sale-a-bration. I earned this stamp set free and it was great to use it. I know it's retired but it works great for this card. I cut a flower from one of the dp papers and used that as an image for my card.

I hope that you enjoy it!


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I love how you've used the DSP for the squares - I'll have to try that to use up some of those itty bitty pieces I can't bear to throw away...

Kate said...

I love it! What a great idea.

StampinCathy said...

Cindy this is one beautiful card. I just love the layout and that DP rocks. Thanks for this inspiring card.

Andrea Walford said...

Great card! Fantastic recycling idea with the squares behind!

Carole RB said...

Hi Cindy
Great card. I love recycling with cards or use leftovers. The way you aranged everything; is very nice.