Saturday, January 25, 2014

You Inspire Me

Hi everyone,

I am back with Day 2 of my Stencil class. Now, I am so upset with myself because I made that third card last night with another stencil technique and I gave it away today, without thinking, before I had taken a picture of it and it turned out so cute. Maybe, I will make another one this week because it really was cute! Today's projects are about technique.

 One technique was to stamp over the stencil, the idea is to leave a stamped image inside your stencil. It helps to have a stencil with wide space which I didn't have but I still like what I did.
I used this brick stencil from My Favorite Things and I stamped over it with a Papertrey Ink text stamp set but it didn't stamp very well but it actually worked for my card. I then used Tim Holtz distress ink in a lighter color and sponged my stencil. Before I did the ink work I stamped this MFT sentiment and embossed in white. My embossing powder I think was not the best and I know my ink wasn't as I couldn't find my Versamark. So...I used my black multiliner pen to outline the words and so it has a little graffiti look to it. The little girl looks like she's painting and might've painted the wall. I used copics and paper piecing. The stamp is actually from MFT and is part of a school set.


The second card the technique is to use color pencils and color inside the stencil. I used a star stencil that I had and my Prismacolor pencils that I have not used in years! I colored in a couple of stars on a scratch piece of paper, cut out and used foam tape to pop them up. My sentiment is from Paper Smooches. I am actually going to give this card away tomorrow as Lily has a birthday party for a little boy turning 6 in her class.

I am exhausted but I have so much to do and I want to do some crafting too! I spent the day at Lily's dance competition. She did great and even though she can push my buttons I am so proud of her to go up on stage and dance in front of all those people. At 5 years old, I couldn't imagine and she is always so polite with the mom's and other girls too! So I guess I can give up my Sunday too so she can have some fun with her friends even if it's at the most torturous place on earth for parents ---Chuck E Cheese!


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

scootingranny said...

At CHA we saw lots of stencils and it looks like that is going to be the big thing! ANd I know what you mean about making a card you like and giving it away before you take a pic..happens to me all the time. AND I totally agree about ChuckE.CHeese!!

Anyway, love your cards and thanks for some ideas on stenciling!